Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Eagerly awating books to arrive!!!

I order some more books last week, that should be here any day now. Most are related to my painting though I slipped in the embroidery book. I have been wanting to do this style of embroidery for a while and this book looks like a good place to start. Having the embroidery as a secondary project gives me a project I can work on while the paint is drying. I know that I'm not a patient person for these things, so I'm trying to balance multiple projects at once.
I also visited Half price books this past weekend. I picked up a series on art appreciation, and another on portraits. All bring an interesting perspective to what the finish project should be and well worth reviewing I think.

“The Artist's Mentor: Inspiration from the World's Most Creative Minds" Ian Jackman

"The Painter's Methods and Materials"A. P. Laurie; Paperback

"How to Paint Like the Old Masters: Watson-Guptill 25th Anniversary Edition" Joseph Sheppard

"Drawings of Durer (Master Draughtsman)" Albrecht Durer

"Beginner's Guide to Silk Shading (Beginner's Guide to)"Clare Hanham

No comments:

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait