Friday, March 7, 2008

Distractions

I've been busy the last two weeks, doing sewing for friends so other than glancing over the new books I haven't been able to do anything with the drawing or painting.

I also realized something just the other morning as I glanced at my new sketch book, that I haven't started the sketches though I have all the materials to get started. I think when I procrastinate, and I am definitely procrastinated at this point, I am afraid to start, afraid that what I do won't be good enough and all that.

So, enough though my night is planned for lots of sewing for a friend's gulf war wardrobe, I am going to spend five - ten minutes sketching. I want to do at least that much every day, especially when it is a non-painting day, and I expect I'll have more of the non-painting days than other days.

Something I did do paint related this past week or so was a series of heraldic banners of 14 German cities. The work was all done in acrylic paints, but I think I learned a lot about fine lines and such. I don't think the process hurt at all. After the sewing is done, I'll try to get pictures of the banners up, just to show, I have been working in paint, I have!!!

No comments:

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait