Thursday, March 13, 2008

The next step

After reviewing the book "Painting like the masters" I've decided I should do a practice painting, doing the one of Hazel over again, trying to use the under layer techniques that I read about. I have a canvas that I had originally intended to use for this painting before I found out about panels being more appropriate for my style.
So I'm going to prime over the painting I did start and work with the outline and the lights and darks under layers. I will try to remember to take pictures as I go and post.

I have to also admit to not starting my sketching exercises yet. I think I'm afraid of them, and I keep making that promise that I have to start and then I'll be okay, but I'm still holding back on that. I don't know what to do, because when I have the urge and desire to sketch, it's not the right time (that pesky day job)and it doesn't happen...

will have to work on that...

No comments:

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait