Sunday, February 21, 2010

An event past

The past weekend I enjoyed hosting the German pavilion that our local group hosts every other year in the spring. This event, academy of defense, has four schools, Germans, Italians, English and Spanish, with rapier fighters divided between the groups. It was a lot of fun, including the over the top German gown of black velvet with 4000 pearls. I did some period foods, a few small banners for color. I concluded that we need way more color, and since this was a popular event, I know we'll be doing again. I think what is needed is some large wall hangings with the Holy Roman Empire coat of arms, and something from the "current" empire Maximilian II. I've already the artwork I want to use. I have to decide the media I want to work. I have two years to produce these banners, so I'm thinking right at the moment I should do two oil or acrylic paint of canvas and one silk banner. This would be the one banner that can be mounted on a pole and be ran up and down the field. I need to consider some small flag that can be passed out to the fighters, like Debora does with her cheap flags from England that all their people stand around and wave. These could be done on paper, a small dowel and then be a token that our fighters can take home with them.

On other sides, I've decided to focus on my unfinished projects, like the or nue, and the gloves and the blackwork and the needlebooks and the paintings I want to do... And the artisan's pavilion. That will be my focus and not KA&S or any other special project. That's the plan right now. If I can only hold out from starting something new... I'm not sure I will concern myself with King's College either. I think that perhaps classes regarding something that I've already done would be okay, but I am unsure at the moment.
perhaps I can do one class on the needlebooks, with a sample kit if people want to get started with me. That and participation with the pavilion should take care of my needs to share.
Oh, and I want to work on my Demo display, have a set box or something for that kind of thing. As it is right now, I have a demo the first weekend in March, then the next in April, where I will be doing the candle dipping, something that's been requested. For the demo at the end of April, I'm not sure, it could be the same as the March demo, or something different. I think though I am going to work on the painting demo for that demo. I would like to get that one going, and it is on the list of projects to complete!!!

2 comments:

MeganH said...

You sound so excited!

Alexandria said...

I am, you know how sometimes you just need something to keep it going, I think I'm there.

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait