Sunday, April 17, 2011

Current projects

I have strung the beads for the brooches, and I have spent this weekend carving and casting the pewter bits that will be going on my Viking treasure necklace. I'll try to do that this week. But it's all coming together nicely. Other than actually sewing the Viking underdress and the apron dress together, that outfit is pretty much wrapped up. The Byzantine outfit is coming along. The garment it's self is ready to be sewned, though I though that getting the clavii and the segmenti (Those roundels on the shoulders) would be easier appliqued if I was working with a flat gown. I'm still working on the embroidery for those pieces as well as some faux enameled pieces for decoration. My excuse for no pictures today is I'm about to gather supplies and go to a friends house to cut out leather for ghillies. They are rather earlier in period than proper for the Viking era I am attempting to portray, but I so don't want to sew leather, buying made shoes at this point is out of the question and there's no one locally that would be available for barter. Now I get to get on that, so maybe I can come home and play with the needlecase I want for decoration. alex

No comments:

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait