Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A change in the project

Well, it's a change in the deadline, rather than a change in the project. I am just not going to finish the second gauntlet in time for this weekend's display, so I've opted to completely finish one glove/gauntlet, and have the other in progress, maybe "pieces" to show the process. I am spending this afternoon on the documentation, getting that all together, and tonight I'll be playing with bobbins.

Tomorrow I'll do lace and sew the gloves together - which I also made the decision to go ahead and machine sew. I have consider this carefully, and bottom line, since these are intended to be fencing gloves - even if for only select tourneys, then the construction has to be secure. I'm not so sure that my hand sewing is up to that at this point. It will also be a major time saver, since I know that it takes most of one evening to sew one glove together by hand, and that's not taking care to make the stitches small and neat.

I feel a lot less stressed for this choice, so I guess it's the right one.

Now to Work!

No comments:

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait