Sunday, August 30, 2009

Photos from display

Finally!! I have the photos that I took at the display.




The over all display



This is the nearly finished gauntlet glove. There are still things that needs to be touched up hence the reason I didn't sew it together. I couldn't see doing that and having to take it apart. I thought it would be better to let everyone know I knew it wasn't right than letting the image develop that I thought it was right. I thought the red silk pillow was a good contrast with the gauntlet, but it needs to be made into a real pillow.




The spangles and some of the design work patterns as well as one of the boxes with the supplies, purl/bullion, pearls and metal threads.



The second gauntlet, still in progress, with the bobbinlace in the foreground



The pattern pieces for the gloves. I need to thank Harldr for the barter of the leather to make the gloves.

This is the section of the display that has the perfume things. I included some of the raw ingredients, cloves, cinnamon and roses as well as the base scents without the rosewater and the test sample of the leather. This was an interesting part of the display, since I was given the opportunity to let people experience the discovery of the way that the perfumes developed with the addition of the rosewater.

No comments:

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait