Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The sketch a day project

At the beginning of the year I was already heading toward the changes I've referred to recently. One of those things was to do a sketch a day. It doesn't have to be big or fancy, just something to get going.... I think I did three or four sketches (hangs head in shame). Some days I'm busy, some tired and others, just not focused and with no clue what to draw. (although I should be able to include a few of those shields into the sketch category, shouldn't I? There was some 56 of those things).

Then Sunday night I found a book called "Drawing Labs" by Carla Sonheim. There are lots of simple and complex ideas to help you get started drawing. I knew it was exactly what I needed, because even before I'd even read through it, I was plotting how I can use it, adjust some of her ideas to my world and just getting excited. Tomorrow I hope to have something to post as I kick off my homework for this book and get back on track with the sketch a day.
alex

No comments:

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait