Monday, June 15, 2009

King's College over

So the event is over, and I think it went well. There wasn't anyone, well, one late comer, to the bobbinlace class. I think that had a lot to do with the timing, first thing in the morning, having a sign-up and all that. Mistress Charla was the late comer and we had a chance to talk about bobbinlace stuff, it was nice. It would have been more fun to make bobbins, but you take what you can. The next two classes, the corset fitting and the rectangular construction ones were packed, beyond the ten person limit that I had set. It was a good thing. the Artist class was also well attended, more than I thought it might be. I had way less material that I needed for an hour presentation. it took a little more than a half hour and we did discuss things a bit as well. It was a good discussion, but yes, I needed more material. and lastly, the peaspod class. That was not packed, but I had five - six people and it went smoothly. We even went to the hall afterwards and I worked with several to help them get the ladder stitch. I didn't think it was a difficult stitch, but apparently, more so than I knew.

Now, I have time to take a breathe and get back to work on the gauntlets. They are calling for classes for the 30th year event. I'm tempted, but I think I should focus on my current project. Same thing with the achievement, I'd love to do it, but I think I should focus, focus focus!!!

One thing that is coming to mind, is the Artisan pavilion. That's the idea I had a while ago, of setting up a pavilion, having artisans to gather together to work, do classes, displays, things like that. I think rather than try to get it going after I have the parts together, I should try talking with some other people to get it started. I figure I need to talk with both artisans and laurels. I figure, with sponsorship of a few laurels, we can really make this work. So it becomes important for me to go to 30th year, even if I'm not presenting or fighting or anything else.

I'm going to crash now, still trying to catch up on rest I missed last week, and tomorrow at lunch I'll be embroidering once again!!

No comments:

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait