Thursday, June 4, 2009

pictures of the gauntlets










I played with the bobbinlace again last night and ignore the embroidery, except for taking a few photos of the recent work.

This is the most complete one. (please ignore the toes, I was having a difficult time finding good lighting that wouldn't wash out the piece. There is a problem with working with white silk...)


The section to the far left is mostly done. There are a few more pearls to be added to the pink flower and the little circle still needs it's goldwork and pearls. once all the rest of it is done, I'll be adding tendrils, and spangles, which I still have to make, but since it's one of the last things to do, that's not a problem, yet.

This is the other gauntlet, with primarily the silkwork done, and just a bit of goldwork started. Those big coiling lines are with Grecian twist, something I inherited from a friend. After this project I am hesitant to use it again. It took forever to work! It's beautiful now that it is done, but it won't be my first choice in the next project.
well, now I am off to work on class stuff. I have my schedule of classes I'm teaching and I am booked every hour except one, sort of a lunch break, except, that's when the other lady is teaching bobbinlace making and I wanted to audit that class. sigh, food or lace?

No comments:

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait