Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Still procrastinating, but in a good way

For some reason getting the embroidery out of the back of the car and into the office has been difficult for me the last two days. I spent my lunch time reviewing the Jane Bostocke sampler for patterns for the supply bags that will go into the sewing basket. I had pulled the V&A's photo of the sampler and it was too blurry to get any details. It just so happen that I had the photos from the trip on the iPod. I went through the photos and found a couple that I thought would work well. One was particularly intriguing with strapwork that is partially filled in with pearls and black beads. that one is perfect for the pearl bag. In looking at it closer, it has the center diamond filled with goldwork or should I call it laid couch work, over gold and silver threads, since the laid thread is nearly black on one (probably tarnished silver) and the other less so, which indicates it is gilted silver thread. That fits the whole of the rest of the project! I have to find something with a bee for the beeswax, and I think the strawberry patch with spangles through in will complete that set. The scissor case may be came the sheath made of the fine leather (scraps from the gloves) with a bit of embroidery.
It also occurred me that while we're turning lace bobbins, I should do some for the floss and maybe even a needlecase. I don't know, maybe I need two days with the lathe with Mom.
Anyway, lots of things to look at and plan. I did get the embroidery out of the car tonight and right after dinner, I should be able to do something finally.

No comments:

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait