Monday, July 6, 2009

Almost finished with the first gauntlet!!!

I've just a little bit of the purl left to do, a few pearls and that last foliate circle and I will have completed the first gauntlet. The goldwork has been more work than I thought it would be, but well worth it. the mix of silver and gold is great too, so it's not too gaudy, glitchy, over the top ... I know, I know, it's Elizabethan and should be over the top, but hopefully, this will make the statement. Well, I think it does, and will do so better once the spangles power the ground that has white spaces.

I'm already making plans for that interlining. My last source on gloves came in, indicating that canvas was used to support the embroidery and if that wasn't enough cardboard was used. I'm thinking of making some buckram rather than cardboard because I don't think it's that heavy and at the same time, I think it will need something!

No comments:

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait