Monday, July 20, 2009

Gloves and their perfumes

I finished the glove pattern. It took more than I thought to finish, modifying the body of the glove and the thumb again, as well as figuring out the fourchettes.

It feels a little bulky at this point, and it wasn't easy to turn either. I'm thinking at this point that I will try an overlay stitching pattern, so I won't have to turn the glove when finished.

I also located a local source for the clove oil, GNC carries it for about 7 dollars. So all the ingredients of the perfume are located. I'm planning to purchase the perfumes come payday - well this one or the next. The perfume people suggest that a fragrance should be mixed and left sit at least 48 hours, or more if you want it to be stronger. I'm not sure two weeks is enough if I wait, and if what I want isn't local? I did confirm the price and source on the net, so they might not actually have it in the store. That's the dilemma at this point.

If you haven't guessed, I've decided that I am going to work with the three scents, the Oriental Musk, Arabian Rose and essential oil of cloves. I have to figure out exactly how they should go together, equal amounts or more or less of the parts. I know this isn't exactly the way it would have been done, but with my limited knowledge, skills and sources, it's what I'm going with. For this one, I will develop the doc's more, displaying I understand the process, even if I don't take it all the way to completion.

well, I'm off to look up what ever I might have in period cookbooks for perfuming gloves, before I settle to embroidery for the evening....

No comments:

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait

Dürer, Albrecht: Self-Portrait